cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase customer seeks other customers’ advice about issue reporting

Julie_Mizener
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

A customer recently reached out to us on the Customer Experience team, and we’d like to know what your organization does in this scenario?

When I get an error in OnBase, I have to report it to my department’s “IT team,” who then reports it to our OnBase Admin, who THEN reports it to Hyland’s tech support to try to figure it out. Is anyone experiencing or has anyone experienced internal processes at your organization like this that are far from efficient in reporting errors or issues regarding OnBase? And what did you do about it?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

[quote user="Rich Roth"]We replaced the Hyland supplied URLs with a sinlge URL that points to our Corporate Intranet.

Well, please, do tell how you accomplished that!  🙂

I'll guess you did an MSI deployment with an MST...  but what if you're using a Click Once deploy?

Thanks,
Seth

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

One organization (about 5000 users) that I worked with had a fantastic rule (based of an old internet meme). "Pictures or it didn't happen"

Users could submit help requests through an internal intranet page (external to onbase). Each user was trained on how to use Print Screen or win7 Snagit. These requests allowed users to upload a picture of the issue. Basically, help desk requests without a screen shot of the error message or condition fell to the lowest priority.

It cut down dramatically on the useless "OnBase is broken" messages that a help desk rep can do almost nothing with.

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We made our unity client blank--by changing the URL

in the configuration files for unity

and removed the RSS feed.

We as an enterprise did not want to encourage web surfing--

Rich_Roth
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Seth, We using click-once here is our procedure for this.

1)      Launch the Deployment Wizard on the server.

2)      Click on the Advanced mode checkbox and then click next. 

3)      Select Unity client and then click on next. 

4)      If doing a new install proceed to step 5 step a, if upgrading an existing install go to step 6. 

5)      Setting up New install for Unity

a)      Click on add

b)      Type in the name of your click once and click ok

c)       Click on next

d)      Proceed to Step 7. 

6)      Select your existing install from the drop down list and then click on next and proceed to step 7. 

7)      Click on Next again. 

😎      Click on Next Again. 

9)      Click on Next after the Package Extraction is complete. 

10)   Select Create Desktop Shortcuts if doing a new install and then click on next 

11)   Select your appropriate Unity client install features and then click on next. 

12)   If doing a new install Change your Display name to be like the one below with the exception of using whichever app server you want it to point to and then clicking next.   

13)   Click next on the next screen 

14)   Click next on the next screen unless you are utilizing application enabler 

15)   Click next on the next screen. 

16)   Select sign from test certificate and then click on next. 

17)   Select Open deployment folder 

18)   Find your Obunity.exe file and open it. 

19)   Search for the DefaultHomeLayout

Change this element to look like the below:

<Websites>

<Website Name="Site Name" Url=http://site url />   

</Websites>

<Feeds>      

</Feeds> 

20)   Save the Config file 

21)   Click on ok on the file edit notification 

22)   Click Finish when complete

One of the other fellows in our group figured this out, so I can't take the credit.

Rich

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Rich,

Phenomenal!  Thanks for sharing!!!!

Cheers,
Seth