cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase customer seeks other customers’ advice about issue reporting

Julie_Mizener
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

A customer recently reached out to us on the Customer Experience team, and we’d like to know what your organization does in this scenario?

When I get an error in OnBase, I have to report it to my department’s “IT team,” who then reports it to our OnBase Admin, who THEN reports it to Hyland’s tech support to try to figure it out. Is anyone experiencing or has anyone experienced internal processes at your organization like this that are far from efficient in reporting errors or issues regarding OnBase? And what did you do about it?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

[quote user="Jaime Perez"]The key is to have a well-trained OnBase System Administrator that is responsible and very proficient.

My God I hope my organization doesn't see this...   😉

This is a good thread, and curiously, If you open the Unity Client and wait long enough on the default window (The Hyland Web site), a popup shows up that says "Need Help?" and gives you a live chat option.

I'm really pining for having Admin default configuration abilities to the Home Page and the Web Pages pane.

So far as I know, I have not had any users calling or chatting with Hyland directly about some issue...  but I can see them being confused by this.

Cheers,
Seth

Not applicable

Great points Kathy. This would be a nightmare

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

[quote user="Julie Mizener"]When I get an error in OnBase, I have to report it to my department’s “IT team,” who then reports it to our OnBase Admin, who THEN reports it to Hyland’s tech support to try to figure it out. Is anyone experiencing or has anyone experienced internal processes at your organization like this that are far from efficient in reporting errors or issues regarding OnBase? And what did you do about it?

Julie,

Fairly recently the Insurance VOGUE held a presentation from Kansas City Life Insurance that showed how they implemented a Ticket system in OnBase for end users to submit enhancement requests or problem tickets to the OnBase team without going into a different system or contacting their Help Desk.

IDK if you can get into the VOGUE sites, but if you look there, you should review this link:
 https://www.hyland.com/community/iug/insurance_vogue/m/2012webinars/11851.aspx

Cheers,
Seth

Wayne_Collins
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hmmmm, You dont even have to wait on the Home  page. I have this menu that shows up.

Rich_Roth
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Seth,

You can change the information displayed on the Welcome page with the Unity Client. It's not an Admin option per se, but not that difficult. We replaced the Hyland supplied URLs with a sinlge URL that points to our Corporate Intranet.

Rich