cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase 15 Release Date?

Mark_Stoner1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there a scheduled date to release OnBase 15?

3 REPLIES 3

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I don't think there will be an official announcement for awhile, but I get the impression they'll probably release at OTTC again, so mid-September 2015.

Bill_Filion
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

As the VP of Software Development, let me provide some insight into how we release our new OnBase versions each year.  We do not provide advanced projections of a specific release date publicly in order to avoid some of the challenges we might face if the date slips.  Our reality in the R&D side of the Hyland house is that the product will not be released until the quality of the release is assured.  This will occur once we've sufficiently regression tested the hundreds of modules that make up the OnBase suite of products.  Because so many customers upgrade or install new releases of software soon after it is available (e.g. 750 production installs of OnBase 13 were deployed in the first 6 months after its release!) we need to be certain that the quality of the product is there and our customers will have a positive experience with the new product release.

Our Dev/QA teams are working with an internal delivery date in mind and scoping the overall work on our new modules, enhanced features and defect fixes to fit within that internal timeline.  Contrary to prior years, we are actively working on a significantly earlier release internal deadline in 2015 for OnBase 15 in order to bring several new products to market early enough to have a strong impact in the market throughout 2015.  As we begin the new year, look for more detailed information about our projections for a release as Dev and QA are closer to completing the work and testing on all that we are in the middle of.

JanetJenkinsATL
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are planning our OnBase 15 upgrade.  We are highly interested in the projected release date.

Thank you!