cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Activity

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I need to do a report on a user's activity in OnBase for an HR case. They mostly work in Workflow so I was able to get some information from the wflog table. But they also import documents. I need a report of all the login/out times and any documents viewed/created. 

I tried running a report out of transactionxlog but it timed out. Same for hsi.itemdata. Even when I put it down to a 1 day date range, they both timed out. Yes, I did the "set transaction isolation level read uncommitted".

Reporting dashboards don't give me any of this information or they timeout as well.

Ideas?

Thanks! 

Michelle

8 REPLIES 8

Kevin_Perron
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Michelle Troxell

How are you "running a report out of transactionxlog" that it is timing out?  I would be surprised if a direct SQL query would timeout for just a one day look up.  Reporting Dashboards I would expect to timeout on something like this.  More intel is needed to provide more guidance.  

KP

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Kevin Perron just regular old SSMS and running a query. We're on prem and version 18. We did recently upgrade our sql servers and I've seen a great performance boost. But I know we have a HUGE database, 5 Tb, because we don't purge anything 😞

Michelle

James_Perry
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

We do something similar where we run a PowerShell script in a Windows Scheduled Task to query the transactionxlog table off hours to export data to another table that we then use in a data provider for user productivity reports.

No one person needs to know everything—they simply need to know who knows it.

Jeanne_Flynn
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I know that this is like asking someone who drives a sports car to consider making the same trip in a pick-up, but why don't you just run a transaction report through the admin section in the Client?  That gets you everything they did to what with date and time.  It's only documents, but it should cover workflow activity pretty well.