cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

objApplication.ExecutionStatus call deprecated in OnBase 14? Scripts using this error and fail. Is there a substitute?

Jocelyn_Hannahs
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We use vbscripts in our workflow and are currently on OnBase 12.03.   We are upgrading to OnBase 14 and have noticed in our test environment that none of our scripst that use the objApplication.ExecutionStatus call execute.   They all error out with a vague error message:   Error#-2147352560.    We know it is the ExecutionStatus call because the error points to the script and the line in the script.  

I thought VBscript and API were not deprecated until OnBase 15.   Is there an alternative function we can call to give a script a boolean value as Execution Status does?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Jocelyn,

The ExecutionStatus item is a property of the OnBase.Application object in the thick client Automation API. It doesn't require dmCoreX (the deprecated Core API), and it only executes in the classic thick client interface. My guess is that when OnBase version 14 was installed, the DCOM permissions were not applied for the API when installing the thick client. The error you've specified (-2147352560) also tends to indicate an issue with DCOM permissions.

Try this:

Run the DCOM Configuration Utility

- On x64: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dcomcnfg.exe"
 - On x86: "C:\Windows\System32\dcomcnfg.exe"
 * NOTE: Be sure to run "as administrator"

Expand out COMPONENT SERVICES > COMPUTERS > MY COMPUTER > DCOM CONFIG

Find the "OnBase Application" item (there may be more than one, in which case you should repeat this as necessary for them)

Right-click the object and choose "Properties," the go to the "Security" tab.

To open the permissions completely, you can select "Customize" and then add "Everyone" with all of the permissions applied.

Assuming the script then executes on that machine, then you can pare down the permissions to specific users.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Jocelyn,

The ExecutionStatus item is a property of the OnBase.Application object in the thick client Automation API. It doesn't require dmCoreX (the deprecated Core API), and it only executes in the classic thick client interface. My guess is that when OnBase version 14 was installed, the DCOM permissions were not applied for the API when installing the thick client. The error you've specified (-2147352560) also tends to indicate an issue with DCOM permissions.

Try this:

Run the DCOM Configuration Utility

- On x64: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dcomcnfg.exe"
 - On x86: "C:\Windows\System32\dcomcnfg.exe"
 * NOTE: Be sure to run "as administrator"

Expand out COMPONENT SERVICES > COMPUTERS > MY COMPUTER > DCOM CONFIG

Find the "OnBase Application" item (there may be more than one, in which case you should repeat this as necessary for them)

Right-click the object and choose "Properties," the go to the "Security" tab.

To open the permissions completely, you can select "Customize" and then add "Everyone" with all of the permissions applied.

Assuming the script then executes on that machine, then you can pare down the permissions to specific users.

Thanks, Scott - I'll give that a try!

I'm also getting this error, but just on the ExecutionStatus property of the API. Other properties seem to work fine. Why would just this property be causing this error?