cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing and retrieving File Type: Zip Compression Archive

Brian_Kalbfus
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

In storing a binary file that is not among those listed File Types for Onbase, I found that the Zip Compression Archive may be the solution.  

First question:  is there another recommended File Type to use for a binary file like an MS Access Database?

Second question:  Is the Zip Compression Archive type deprecated and discontinued in the unity api?  I find that the Java API version 21.1.39.1000 does not include it in its enum for `Hyland.Unity.DisplayType`.  This becomes a problem when using the NativeDataProvider to retrieve the stored document.   The compatibility matrix posted on this group goes up to version 20.8.9.1000 and indicates that `Hyland.Unity.DisplayType.ZipCompressionArchive` is included in the versions listed there.

Thank you,

Brian

p.s.  The zipping and unzipping is not at issue here - the `ZipOutputStream` and `ZipInputStream` handle that nicely.   I just need to be able to retrieve the zip file I stored.

1 REPLY 1

Brian_Kalbfus
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

The answer is to patch this locally.  When there is a value for this File Type, then the retrieve works without any problems. 

How can we get this patched?  I see that this enum value is missing in other versions of the java api that I can access, back to version 17.  It is a very simple fix to add this enum entry to the Hyland.Unity.DisplayType enum values:

ZipCompressionArchive(70)

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.