cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Attribute and Keyword Data Set limitations?

Sydney_Simpson1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello there, oh great and powerful OnBase VURD. 🙂 

I have a bit of a brain twister for you.  My HR solution includes a process for absence management and substitute teacher pay requests.  I'm using two standard classes for Absences:

1. Absences - captures absence records

2. AbsenceReasons - contains objects that populate data sets, which are also used to populate an autofill keyword set

There is a security attribute based on the location (building code) of the user, so they can only see absences associated with their individual building.  99% of the time, these are imported from the absence management system, so the absence objects are created automatically in Workflow.  However, in the edge case where the user has to create an absence object manually, they don't have permission to view the object to populate the attributes.  I tried using an ad-hoc task to create the object and auto-populate the location based on the user's Identity attributes, but that has not worked. 

I tried to use a Unity Form to get around this, by using the same workflow process that creates the imported objects,  and ran into a different complication.  The absence reasons data sets have location-specific values, so users only need to see the values associated with their own location in the select list that will trigger the autofill. However, the keyword data set does not respect the security attribute, since I'm using a SQL query against the reportable view of the WorkView filter that populates the data set. 

What is my best course of action here?  I would be happy with either getting the object create view to be visible to the users while still respecting the security attribute, or getting the keyword data set on the unity form to respect the security attribute (or an equivalent limitation on the data set).  

Many thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

What about creating a template of an absence for each building, then instead of creating new for edge cases, you have the user copy the template.

If needed, you can still label it "Create" for the user, placing it under a System Task or WorkView Action. In the back end just make a copy (Workflow Action: Create WorkView Object)

Beavers, you're a genius!  Might be a little extra overhead for me since there are 40 or so locations, but could be worth it.  I already have it under a Workflow ad-hoc task; I can easily give them a System Task too that does exactly the same thing for when they don't have any objects in their workflow queue. 

Gonna give this a whirl and I'll let you know how it turns out. 

Jim_Baad
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Could you try having a default location for new absences with a location id of 0 or 1 that every user has rights to?  Then they could change the location to the correct place?  You could either set it as a default on the attribute or maybe via a system event

Eric_Simpson1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

How many different variations of absence reasons do you have?  If you only have a few, you could add a panel or section to your form for each variant and use custom actions to show/hide the relevant panel.  Add another custom action for each one that says if this panel is populated then copy its fields to hidden fields that are the actual output.

If each of the 40 locations needs a separate list this would not be the best choice, but for a half-dozen or so variants this would be pretty easy to maintain on the Unity form. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.