cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Disk Copy Volumes from one MSD to another

Shannon_Burge1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We want to retire a NAS server that is being used for Copy 3.  Copy 1 is local and copy 2 is CD.  I can certainly see where I can change the path of one volume or even change the path of where a copy is written, but how can I tell Onbase to now look at another device for Copy 3 archives and start having Onbase write to the same going forward???  

Thank you for your time. 

5 REPLIES 5

Shannon_Burge1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I meant to add that naming the new NAS server to the same host name (therefore the same path) and copy the old volumes from the old is not a solution I would prefer if possible.  

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the post.

Hyland Software Technical Support can help with updating the platter paths for your retired copy.  Once you have confirmed all of your data has been migrated (copied) from the old Copy 3 storage location to the new Copy 3 storage location, contact your first line of support for assistance updating the platter paths.

Take care,

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for posting on the OnBase Community. I see that you have already received assistance on this request, however I wanted to post the answer here for others who may look at this in the future.

You can specify a day forward change by performing either of the following.

Config | Disk Mgmt | Disk Groups |  [Select Disk group] | Force Promote

This will then prompt you to update the platter paths if desired. More information on this can be found on page 253 of the System Administration 14.0 MRG under the "Configuring Disk Group Force Promote" section.

Or, once you have all of your files moved over, you can update the latest Volume to reflect the new location, this will then allow future volumes to be created in the new location.

Config | Disk Mgmt | Disk Groups |  [Select Disk group] | Volume Information | [Select Last Volume] | Update Platter Path

Finally, in order to have all previous platter paths changed easily and you have many, please contact your first line of support for assistance.

Hi Mike:

I had this same need two years ago (update old platter paths). My FLOS insisted that there was no way to do this other than elbow grease.... manually (one by one). Supposedly, Hyland had no tool for this. Has this changed? Or is it that this is just available through professional services and a task order because it's a custom script that has to developed on a case-by-case basis?

Thanks!