cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge PDF files

Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I would like to combine PDF files (cover sheet and section 1...n) into new PDF (Book) in OnBase.

So, I was try this 'Document.Imaging.AddPage' work well with TIFF. But it look like not work with PDF.

Does any one have any idea about this?

Thanks,

KOBPONG

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Kobpong,

The "Imaging" class is for working with image renditions (file type 2 - Image file format), so I would not expect this to work with PDF.

There are many third-party PDF tools out there, so what I do in an instance like this is to use one of those APIs to manipulate the PDF and then re-import the modified file. If EDM services is licensed, I will import the updated PDF as a new revision.

If you have the PDF Framework licensed, you could convert to an image, manipulate the image using the AddPage method you referenced, and then convert back to PDF, but the resulting PDF would be image-only (no searchable text layer), so I still find it preferable to use a third-party API to manipulate the PDF.

UPDATE: In v17, you no longer require the PDF Framework license to convert PDF to Image, so if you don't need the PDF to be text-searchable, the above method will work without requiring any third-party APIs.

Hope that helps,

Scott

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Thanks Scott, I trying that way.

Dear Scott,
Still in the MRG and help files they mentioned (till 17 sp1 version):
"Note: A PDF Framework license is required to configure and use this action."
So how can we ensure from that?

Regards,,

Hi Okbah,

In the current SDK (Programmers Guide > Document and Keywords > Converting Document File Formats), the following comments appear:

1 > As of OnBase 16, the Microsoft Office to Image Framework license is no longer required for the conversion of Microsoft Word and/or Excel documents.
2 > As of OnBase 16, the ability to convert PDF documents to image no longer requires the PDF Framework license.

Prior to this recent edit in the SDK, the documentation stated that those licenses were required for their conversion types.

Additionally, AFP, DJDE, and PCL format support for conversion to Image or PDF was added in v17.

Kind regards,