cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external autofill - multiple values for one kw type

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We have an external autofill that brings back project information from legacy data systems.  We are moving to an ERP soon, and this new system can have multiples of two of the KWs that we pull into OnBase based on the primary.

How have you handled this so you can still capture the potential multiple instances of the same KW coming from the external autofill?

Thanks guys 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Unfortunately, it depends on how the autofill is triggered. If it's during indexing, users are (usually) prompted to choose which instance to apply to the document. If it's happening automatically, it either doesn't fill at all, or takes the "first" instance and applies that. I don't think there's an option to apply all instances to the document.

Thanks John.  Luckily I found out that these keywords will not end up with multiple instances in the new ERP. Phew!

Not applicable

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question, but:

In Configuration, if you select your Autofill Keyword set and select Settings:

Expand All Matching Instances should fill in all matching values.

Kyle_Larson3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We used workflow to Set Property as Expression. Using that action, we were able to concatenate multiple values together.  We then pushed that concatenated value to a KW called Lookup Key. 

So, lookup Key KW value = 0213391.001%182

In the External autofill SQL, we wrote some code like this...

declare @lookUpVal as varchar(40)
declare @lookupValProj as varchar(25)
declare @lookupValBill as varchar(15)

set @lookUpVal = '@primary'
set @lookUpValProj = LEFT(@lookUpVal, LEN(@lookUpVal) - CHARINDEX('|', REVERSE(@lookUpVal))) + '%'
set @lookupValBill = RIGHT(@lookUpVal, (CHARINDEX('|',REVERSE(@lookUpVal),0))-1)

When configuring your SQL Result columns, just make sure you put Lookup Key is in the first column for matching purposes.