Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balanced Queue

Sarah_Jilk
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good Morning,

I have a rules-based load-balanced queue (entitled 'My Work') that I am trying to report on . I want to count the number of documents that are placed in that queue each day, but have it broken down by the load-balanced user.

We have an assignment queue, that is a holding tank and users go into that assignment queue and assign the documents to the 'My Work' load-balanced queue. The user that is doing the assigning is not necessarily the assigned user in the next queue, in which case hsi.wflog is not helping me.

I've done some digging through the tables, but am not finding anything that is very helpful. Any suggestions as to which tables I should be looking into would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sarah

4 REPLIES 4

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

You're looking at documents assigned in the past, not documents assigned right now? By default load balance assignments are not logged - you can only see them in real-time. In the load balance settings there is an option to store the assignment in a keyword. If you need to do reporting on it, you'll probably need to use this option and then report on the keyword value.

Sarah_Jilk
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Yes, they are in the past.

The problem with using the keyword, is that it changes later in the workflow..

Daniel_Scoggin4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

HI Sarah,

If in the load balanced queue you use a "Keyword to Hold Assignee", you can then join on transactionxlog and extrainfo1= {Keytypenum} and action=1035 (Create keyword). At that point the logdate would have the date it entered the workflow queue.

Another way you could approach this is if the assigned users are the ones who move the document out of the queue, then you could from wflog use exitusernum={assigned user} and the entrytime and exittime would reflect queue time.

Hope that helps.

Daniel

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Using the transaction log can work, but I usually consider it a last resort.

Sarah, can you use a specific keyword JUST for this purpose? Then it won't change later. Probably make it hidden/read-only so it can't be changed by any other means.