Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYSTEM DISK ERROR

Jude_Ejuh
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Sir

How do i make corrections to SYSTEM DISK with disk vol. 101 and with the following problems:  Vol. Information Platter 1; Used 0; Type F U N; STATE -; Path Not CREATED; Physical Platter Information Uncommited & Foreign.

This configuration is affecting my configuration already and i can not create another SYSTEM DISK group that will allocate  Vol 101 since it has already been assigned as stated in the manuals.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Jude

3 REPLIES 3

Thomas_Nowakows
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Jude,

You may want to reach out to your first line of support for assistance creating Disk Groups.

It appears you configured the System Disk Group as a Foreign Disk Group.  The System Disk Group should not be configured as a Foreign Disk Group.

You can rename this Disk Group by double clicking the Disk Group's name on the Disk Group Configuration dialog and create a new System Disk Group.  It should not matter that the new System Disk Group will have a Disk Group number greater than 101.  Make sure to modify the configurations of the System document types to point to this new Disk Group.

A good source of information about Disk Groups is the Platter Management Module Reference Guide.

Thanks

I got what you said but i noticed that  loading Icons and images uses some SYSTEM - SYS Docs Type does not work when we tried to load its says some mentioned SYS docs are not accessible. How do i load icons and images?. Sorry i had to add mention this now.

Jude

Thomas_Nowakows
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi,

Did you reconfigure the System Document Types to be associated with the new System Disk Group or are they still associated with the old System Disk Group that you renamed?  Once you reconfigure those Document Types, you can run the bitmap and icon import process again.