cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to shut off a doctype so that no more documents can be loaded but any in there already can still be retrieved?

Bill_Claman
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

one of our groups requested that a particular docType they have be stopped from allowing any further documents loaded to it so that their users would have to use the one that was created as a replacement (before I got here - not sure of the history).  I am not seeing an option in the configuration of Document Types to change only that function  (ver 13 -> via Fiserv Director config if it matters)

anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish that?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Bill,

You can accomplish this with Override privileges (under the "Document Types" section of the User Groups & Rights section in Config).  From here, you can revoke the create privilege by user group for just that particular document type.  You can also prevent re-index, etc.  There's more info in the Sys Admin MRG about override privileges and how they work.  Hope this helps.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Bill,

You can accomplish this with Override privileges (under the "Document Types" section of the User Groups & Rights section in Config).  From here, you can revoke the create privilege by user group for just that particular document type.  You can also prevent re-index, etc.  There's more info in the Sys Admin MRG about override privileges and how they work.  Hope this helps.

thanks - I just found that too... I was just hoping to not have to modify every group that has access to it as opposed to changing it one time from the docType side.