cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Email into OnBase

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Just a question to see if others have come across this issue previously.  We are trying to import mutliple documents from Outlook Personal Folders, but do not own Outlook Integration.  Outlook Integration seems to be fairly limited prior to 12, and we really do not have a lot of users who need this functionality.

My question is can this be accomplished in any other way besides copying email out of Outlook to a networked folder location and then sweeping the files into OnBase?  that can be a fairly timely and manual process depending on how many folders (and sub folders) a user has.

thanks much,

4 REPLIES 4

Greg_Ledford
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Have you looked into creating outlook macros? I created one that (almost) does what you are asking. Basically, the user highlights all the emails they wish to export, and runs the macro. The emails are saved to a network location to be swept into Onbase. I know this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but at least you wouldn't have to manually "SaveAs" each email.

Multiselect and drag and drop to folder is much easyer.  It bases the name on the subject field and creates them as msg files.

Greg_Ledford
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You are correct. It is easier, but our macro also reads the body of the email to gather info to populate a fillable PDF form. It just depends on what you need to do with the files after they are exported.

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks for the suggestions.  I know about this option, and it is quite useful if you are dragging from a single folder, i.e. inbox, however if you have personal folders set up, you have to select all mails from each individual folders.  That is where the process gets tedious.

regards,

Nat