cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have the value of one keyword populate the same value in another keyword without using workflow or AFKS

Debby_Kruzic2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

We have a customer that has multiple doctypes for HR and each doctype has its own picklist for what kind of document it is, ie. 401K, enrollment, etc.  So the keyword cannot be just one keyword that we can carry over in the re-index.   My thought is to create another keyword and have it be populated with whatever value is in the picklist keyword.  Then that keyword can be part of the new document type and will be carried over on re-index.  This customer does not have workflow.  (saw many things on the forum with doing a keyword populate with workflow).  The AFKS looks like might be a possibility but since the existing keyword is a picklist, not sure how we would trigger the AFKS against picklist values, etc.

I hope this makes sense.  To summarize doctype 1 has a keyword value called Benefits and that is tied to a picklist.  The user picks from the list - i.e. 401K.  What we need is for the value "401K"  to be populated in another keyword that is universal throughout all HR documents.  And since customer does not have workflow can't use it to do this so trying to see if another way to accomplish this.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

You may be able to use a VBScript hook to populate the second keyword during re-index.