cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "historical" workflow records in the WFLOG table.

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have a queue in a WF where documents come in based on a doc type. We call it the Routing queue. These docs come in from another part of a rather large organization. On a timer (every 30 min) the docs are routed to another queue in the WF.

The problem is that some supervisors are requesting a history and/or a count of what's coming into the Routing queue on any given day.  All they would need is a hit list with keyword SSN being listed.  I'm looking into writing some SQL for a custom query to see if I can do this.  Other posts recommend not to do this in a custom query, instead using the Reporting module which has yet to be deployed in our part of the organization. 

I'm new to writing SQL queries in OnBase. I noticed the interface provides me with the From, Where, and Order By clauses. So I don't know how the 'Select what' part is configured.  I'd appreciate any thoughts, especially from folks who have gone through something like this. I do have a copy of the DB Reporting Guide.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Jose,

The 'From', 'Where', and 'Order By' interface that you describe sounds like the dialog for a SQL Based Custom Query. If that's the case, then the SELECT portion of the query is always a select of every column in hsi.itemdata. This is static and cannot be modified. SQL Based Custom Queries cannot display keywords or other metadata not included in hsi.itemdata.

If the keyword you are interested in is part of the Auto Name string of the document (i.e. hsi.itemdata.itemname) then it will display but you will not be able to sort on it.

If that isn't sufficient for your needs, I would recommend that you implement this as a straight SQL Query either in Report Services or in another reporting tool compatible with your RDBMS.

Ansley

Thanks Ansley!