Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax using Distribution Service

Parduman_Singh
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

We have a requirement to send both email and fax and we are doing it using distribution service. The emails are working fine where as fax are not delivered to the users because distribution service (SMTP server) always needs a domain name (distributionqueue) and we don't have domain for the faxes. The fax looks like ABZ@18889090768 (companyName@110digit #). What are hyland recommendations to send a fax using Distribution Services? Is it possible? what do I need to pass in domain (.fax.com) so SMTP server recognize the same text (.fax.com) and send fax instead of email.

2 REPLIES 2

Cameron_Roberts
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Singh,

I have a few questions to start. What version of Distribution Service in installed and what does your SMTP server do with the fax email messages normally? Would ABZ@18889090768 route correctly if sent from your email client? I am assuming the 10 digit number after the @ is the recipient's fax number but since it is not a valid email address what are the faxes next step after the SMTP server?

Cameron Roberts

We are on onbase v16. Yes, if I send the message to ABZ@18889090768 from outlook it send the fax via from exchange but onbase send the email via SMTP (bypasses the exchange). Last 10 digits are fax line number. We would like to send the fax to ABZ@18889090768 after it hit SMTP but checking what configuration changes I have to pass with fax line to get it work?