Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of AppServer Web.config and AppNet web.config

Gus_Gallegos
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

I was looking to increase the file import size limit for users that want to import documents via the web client.   I found this solution below on Hyland's community boards:

"The AppServer Web.Config had a maxRequestLength set to 3000 (maximum) but the Appnet web.config file was still using the default 4096kb (4MB).

After adjusting the AppNet.config to match the AppServer Web.config, the users were able to upload".

Can someone tell me where these config files are located so I can make the necessary adjustments on my end?

Thank you,

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

All web.config files are located on your application server in the appropriate installation directories. Your best bet is to log on to each of your application servers and launch the Web Application Management Console (WAMCON) and adjust all settings there. There is a specific MRG for the WAMCON.

As well, be aware that by increasing the size you need to do it both on the Web and Application servers. And don't forget to recycle the application pools as that is needed for the settings to take affect. And remember that recycling the application pools will disconnect any connected users. So it is best Practice to do this after hours to have the least affect on end users.

View answer in original post

Tom_Vitale
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gus... and thanks for using Hyland Community! I see you are running OnBase 17 SP2 in your production environment. The Web Server and Application Server settings you're looking for are most easily accessed using the Web Application Management Console (also affectionately known as WAMCon) executable that provides an interface to manage all of your settings. The OnBase 17 Web Application Management Console Module Reference Guide will walk you through all of the settings available for your Web and Application Servers and should be available to launch on those servers and present you with a list of all OnBase IIS Directories to select from and update. That module reference guide is available on the Web Server Product Community Resources tab here:

https://community.hyland.com/gallery/items/46930-web-application-management-console---onbase-17-modu...

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

All web.config files are located on your application server in the appropriate installation directories. Your best bet is to log on to each of your application servers and launch the Web Application Management Console (WAMCON) and adjust all settings there. There is a specific MRG for the WAMCON.

As well, be aware that by increasing the size you need to do it both on the Web and Application servers. And don't forget to recycle the application pools as that is needed for the settings to take affect. And remember that recycling the application pools will disconnect any connected users. So it is best Practice to do this after hours to have the least affect on end users.

Tom_Vitale
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gus... and thanks for using Hyland Community! I see you are running OnBase 17 SP2 in your production environment. The Web Server and Application Server settings you're looking for are most easily accessed using the Web Application Management Console (also affectionately known as WAMCon) executable that provides an interface to manage all of your settings. The OnBase 17 Web Application Management Console Module Reference Guide will walk you through all of the settings available for your Web and Application Servers and should be available to launch on those servers and present you with a list of all OnBase IIS Directories to select from and update. That module reference guide is available on the Web Server Product Community Resources tab here:

https://community.hyland.com/gallery/items/46930-web-application-management-console---onbase-17-modu...

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.