cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception when trying to import an Assembly (Aspose.PDF) into Studio

Jacob_Dahlke6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm trying to import Aspose.PDF into Studio for a hosted solution and I get the following exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Hyland.Unity.Configuration.ServiceAccess.ImportAssembly(CompiledAssembly assembly, AssemblyType type, String displayName, String description, List`1 references)
at Hyland.Configuration.Repository.RepUnityConfiguration.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<ImportAssembly>b__0()
at Hyland.Configuration.Repository.RepUnityConfiguration.InvokeFunc(Func`1 fn)
at Hyland.Configuration.Repository.RepUnityConfiguration.ImportAssembly(CompiledAssembly assembly, AssemblyType type, String displayName, String description, List`1 references)
at Hyland.Core.Studio.UnityScripts.Dialogs.ImportResultsDlg.importAssembly(IUnityConfiguration configurationInstance, CompiledAssembly assembly, AssemblyType type, String displayName, String description, ReplaceableAssembly assemblyToReplace, List`1 references, List`1 existingReferencedAssemblies, Boolean allowInPlaceOverwrite)
at Hyland.Core.Studio.UnityScripts.Dialogs.ImportResultsDlg.importAssemblyAndReferences(IUnityConfiguration configurationInstance, CompiledAssembly assembly, AssemblyType type, String displayName, String description, ReplaceableAssembly assemblyToReplace, List`1 existingReferencedAssemblies, Boolean allowInPlaceOverwrite)
at Hyland.Core.Studio.UnityScripts.Dialogs.ImportResultsDlg.<startImport>b__10_0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Hyland.Core.Studio.UnityScripts.Dialogs.ImportResultsDlg.<startImport>d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I've imported this locally into the same version of OnBase, the only difference is I'm directly connected to the DB and not going through the appserver. The dll is 33mb, which would be over the default iis upload limit. My concern is that it's failing to upload because of that. There are no other warnings or messages, all the references come back with a check mark, than it hangs and eventually give me this exception.

has anyone seen this before?

2 REPLIES 2

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I haven't seen this before, oddly enough -- which App Server version are you on? 32 or 64 bit? I'll try and replicate it locally.

I'm not sure, it's OBOL. I actually got around this by importing the assembly into a local dev VM, made a shell script that used it. then exported the script in studio. That imported fine and brought the assembly over with it. Ironically it was a much smaller file than the assembly.