cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Client API support the Processing Filename Keyword when importing documents?

Nick_McElheny1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I recently added a new keyword and configured it as a processing filename keyword in Config.  For ad-hoc imports, it prepopulates the keyword to the filename without any issues.  However, we have an existing Client API solution that imports Word documents from a network share.  I wasn't sure if this would prepopulate the keyword or not when archiving a new document without any changes to the code -- what I found was that it set all of the filename keywords to just "DOC" (only the extension, without the full filename).

I couldn't find anything in the SDK, but I wasn't sure if the Client API supported filename keywords when importing documents.  If we were to manually set the filename value within the script, would we then end up with two keywords (one with the actual filename and one with just "DOC")?

Thanks,

Nick McElheny | Trover Solutions, Inc.

Lead Systems Engineer - Document Imaging

6 REPLIES 6

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Nick,

I am not sure if this is officially supported but I don't see why it would work only partially.  Could you please provide the Thick Client version you are working with?  Please provide all 4 octets of the version (e.g. 13.0.1.542).  Once we have the version we should be able to test this out and if needed submit an SCR to have development look at this functionality.

Regards,

Nick_McElheny1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Daniel,

Thanks for looking in to this.  Our Thick Client environment is all 13.0.1.608 with the exception of this API process which is still on 9.2.1.556.  I'm looking at upgrading this process shortly though so if it is fixed in a later build that is not a problem.

Thanks,

Joe_Kocsis
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good Afternoon Nick,

I hope everything is going well and you are getting ready to enjoy your New Years.  I did some testing with your question in OnBase 13.  I was able to import a document through the Client API into OnBase and it populated the processing FileName keyword with the file name and extension. SInce your solution is already on 13 (except for this process), your best bet would probably be to test this out in 13, and if you are still seeing this issue, contact your first line of support or the API team

Nick_McElheny1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Joe,

That's good to hear.  I'll do some testing in 13 and report back if we run in to any issues.  Incidentally, for anyone who may be reading this thread, I did some testing in the Unity API and it behaved more like I would've expected the Client API to - it just leaves the processing filename keyword blank.

Take care,