cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Tables

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

When you use the option in Configuration | Document | Document Types | Keywords Types | Migrate to Keyword Type Group,
does OnBase remove the keywords from their original keyword tables and place them into the KTG table, or are they copied and left in their original table?

4 REPLIES 4

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that they are copied and left in their original tables. You need to run a separate process to delete orphaned values from the keyword tables, if you want to.

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks John. I believe you are correct but I wonder if anyone else could verify this? 

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Leah,

The keyword entires (value and itemnum) are copied to the keygroup table and also remain in the original keyword table. However, the Delete Orphans option is not something that would clean up the entries in that loose table. The Delete Orphans option is for dual table keyword types and will remove references to keyword values that are not used on documents in the system.

If you do have a storage concern about the keyword entries that remain in a loose keyword table after a key group migration, I'd recommend contacting your first line of support for assistance.

Ansley

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks Ansley!