cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Epic Scan Acquisition Server Scan Formats

Derek_Tucker1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are looking at potentially deploying Epic SAS scanning to different hospitals and departments and we are trying to discover the best methodology for doing so. Right now when we create a Scan Format in the Epic SAS screen that we want to copy to other workstations the scan format is saved in a roaming profile. We assumed that we would simply copy this file to easy user's roaming profile and they would receive the appropriate scan format.

As it turns out this was not functioning as we expected. It was default the new users to 24 bit color instead of Auto Color detection, it would also not skip blank pages, nor would it recognize text by the direction that it was being scanned. Thus resulting in having to recreate this scan format on every workstation for every user that logs into the computer.

After running Process Monitor we found the following files:
C:/Windows/setscan.ini
C:/ProgramData/ISIS Drivers/setscan.ini
C:/Users/dtucker/AppData/Roaming/ISIS Drivers/setscan.ini

The AppData setscan.ini seems to have all of the settings we want so we also tried to copy that to each profile on each workstation as well as the copying the scan format to each users roaming Citrix profile. This also did not work properly. The result was to remote in and provide assistance to each user that logged into into workstation. Each scanner is the same Canon modeled scanner and all of which we want the same exact Scan Formats. Without being able to deploy the Scan Formats globally we are limited on effectively deploying this to our enterprise.

Has anyone experienced this and has anyone had any luck deploying scan formats for Epic SAS?

9 REPLIES 9

Isabelle_Smith
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hot Dang, something I can answer right away!  This'll give me points in the community, I just know it! 

Step by Step for changing 7160 to 6130, 6130z or back to 7160. Using emulation, you can install the drivers for the model you're emulating.

1. Switch scanner OFF.
  2. Open ADF cover.
  3. With ADF cover opened, press the [Power] button while holding down [Scan/Enter] button to turn the scanner ON.
  4. Release [Scan/Stop] button after the [Initialization process] screen and [Language] selection menu appears.
  5. Select “English” then press [Scan/Stop] to continue.
  6. Use the Up or Down buttons in Maintenance Mode menu and select [10: Emulation Mode]. Press [Scan/Stop] button to continue.
  7. Select the device to be emulated by pressing the Up or Down button. (See list below):

Fi-7160

• 1: fi-7160
  • 2: fi-6130z
  • 3: fi-6130

1. Press [Scan/Stop] button to confirm.
  2. Turn off the scanner, turn it back on.
  3. Install the TWAIN drivers for the new scanner (Emulation scanner).

Tom_Rich
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Dan,

Seeing as you know these steps - what is your history on this topic? Just trying to gather ideas. Are you running your fi-7160s in emulation mode back to 6130s?

Isabelle_Smith
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

For OnBase, we use PaperStream with the 7160's.  At first, we used the emulation to stay with VRS 5 as a 6130Z.  However, as I got used to playing with it, I forced a station or two to use it.  It's working decently well in our ROI department.

We only have a few of the 7160s and they're not scanning into Epic.

However, I have created/copied profiles for 6130s and 6130Zs in Epic's 'EpicScan' folder, and copy them from station to station, so we're consistent in our profiles.  This wouldn't be too hard to do with a 7160 also.

I also have default Scan Formats that I import to my OnBase Thick Client workstations.  We're not using Unity at this time, but we're working that direction. 

Overall, I like the 7160s and see their promise in the future.

Extra Side Note : if you have any Fi-5650's, call Fujitsu and ask to talk to the Sales department.  They're running a Turn-In program for money!

Michael_Mershon
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Do you know if they have made any progress on the 7160's ability to read the OnBase\VRS page separator T sheets? They work great when using VRS, but still cannot get them to work when using Paper Stream. We are using Disconnected scanning v13 and have also tried installing the Hyland barcode recognition software.

Sherri_Keene
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I can't tell by reading this post if you are talking about scanning with epic media manager. I have two computers both with the same Fujitsu 6110 scanner connected. Both using paperstream capture as the twain source. One computer allows color scanning in epic media manager and the other does not. I have made all of the paperstream capture settings the same. I am wondering if this post would relate at all to the issues I have been having or if anyone can point me in the right direction for a solution.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.