cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Epic Scan Acquisition Server Scan Formats

Derek_Tucker1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are looking at potentially deploying Epic SAS scanning to different hospitals and departments and we are trying to discover the best methodology for doing so. Right now when we create a Scan Format in the Epic SAS screen that we want to copy to other workstations the scan format is saved in a roaming profile. We assumed that we would simply copy this file to easy user's roaming profile and they would receive the appropriate scan format.

As it turns out this was not functioning as we expected. It was default the new users to 24 bit color instead of Auto Color detection, it would also not skip blank pages, nor would it recognize text by the direction that it was being scanned. Thus resulting in having to recreate this scan format on every workstation for every user that logs into the computer.

After running Process Monitor we found the following files:
C:/Windows/setscan.ini
C:/ProgramData/ISIS Drivers/setscan.ini
C:/Users/dtucker/AppData/Roaming/ISIS Drivers/setscan.ini

The AppData setscan.ini seems to have all of the settings we want so we also tried to copy that to each profile on each workstation as well as the copying the scan format to each users roaming Citrix profile. This also did not work properly. The result was to remote in and provide assistance to each user that logged into into workstation. Each scanner is the same Canon modeled scanner and all of which we want the same exact Scan Formats. Without being able to deploy the Scan Formats globally we are limited on effectively deploying this to our enterprise.

Has anyone experienced this and has anyone had any luck deploying scan formats for Epic SAS?

9 REPLIES 9

Joshua_Schultz1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

HI Derek,

I have 7 different hospitals using my scan formats for Epic integrated scanning, I used the setup described on page 225 of the OnBase 13 Epic Integration MRG for saving the formats on the network.

The tricky part for me is that I had to get access to the folder on the network for all the users on different domains so they could read, I made the scan formats and other files Read Only to prevent end users from being able to change them.

Using the Shared Formats combined with the LowTwainMode described on page 224,225 of the same MRG, made it so that pretty much any model of scanner can use the same generic formats. I have a mix of Fujtisu 5110, 5120, 6130, 6130Z, 6140, 6140Z, 6230, and a few others out there and they all seem to work.

Tom_Rich
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Joshua,

Do you have any of the Fujitsu fi-7160 models deployed which use the Paperstream IP driver?  We have also delpoyed global scan formats built off of the TWAIN driver for the Fujitsu 6130 model and are now seeing issues with the new 7160 model.  Wondering how you handled the new Paperstream driver.  thanks.

Joshua_Schultz1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

No, we have all our 7160's running in 6130 Emulation mode until Hyland can provide barcode support for Paperstream. Running it as a 6130 has been working well.

We can't use the peagus solution with paperstream since we have a mixed setup and I don't believe our licensing won't allow us to exchange (Kofax or Twain) with Twain only.

Tom_Rich
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Joshua,

Do you know where I can find the documentation on emulation mode for the 7160?  I can hunt, but if you know where to locate that would be great. thanks.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.