cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied - Failure on login. Please enter a valid username and password (version 11)

Deb_Sutfin
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

One of our client is getting the error below when trying to use Desktop / Outlook Integration.  To try to correct the issue, we have done the following:

• Rebooted the machine
  • Had user disconnect and exit desktop
  • Reset IIS on the application server
  • Reset the password via Config tool

Other users are able to login to their Desktop on other workstations.

I've been told it worked and then now does not work - no changes have yet been identified.

According to the user, no errors are logged to Event Viewer or the Diagnostics Console.

What might cause the Access Denied - Failure on login. Please enter a valid username and password ?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_Kossover
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Lulu -

That particular message is a catch-all that is thrown any time the log in failure is caused by something that does not have a dedicated error message. I have not yet encountered a login failure of this nature that did not generate errors in the Diagnostics Console (server-side, assumes you are running in Remote Mode Desktop) or in an error viewer on the client computer (client-side, assumes you are running in Local Mode Desktop which was only an option in versions prior to 11.0 so it shouldn't be relevant to your scenario). I would suggest checking the appropriate one of those for your Desktop deployment scenario. The error you see in the console or error viewer should identify the problem your user is experiencing.

If you do not see an error in those cases, I recommend contacting your first line of support for further assistance.

Thank you for your question -

NOK

Saravanakumar_A
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Lulu,

Did you find any resolution for this issue? One of the business users is experiencing the same problem all of a sudden when accessing the Outlook as a Citrix application and importing emails from it.

Thanks,

Saravanakumar