cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed scanning from Fujitsu fi-7600

Jose_Parocua
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have noticed about a 10-15 second delay from the time the scan button is clicked to when the first page is scanned in the thick client. We just upgraded to the fi-7600 from an fi-6770. The previous scanner didn't have quite this long of a delay. Any ideas as to what i can do to shorten the delay?

Our environment:

OnBase v16

Fujitsu fi-7600 with ISIS drivers

Kofax VRS Elite Workgroup 5.1

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jose_Parocua
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Found a solution!

Got rid of Kofax software and all was good to go.  Used native fujitsu paperscan software instead.

View answer in original post

21 REPLIES 21

We use the thick client to scan... we use Unity Client for 100% of everything else. The performance of high speed scanning in the Unity Client is so much slower, that we've never been able to switch.

But that's a good thought as I'll go try the Unity Client just to see if the same delay occurs.

Well, I can tell you that if you do it in the Unity Client, then I have noticed the delay, especially if you have the ModernScanning setting turned on.

However, I have never encountered this much in the Thick Client ever. Does this issue happen for you every single time you scan something into the Thick Client? Or does it just happen the first time you scan something in (as in your first scan of the day or after X amount of minutes/hours)? Depending on this answer, I might have an idea as to what you could be experiencing.

Thanks.

It happens every time... but if you have an idea, i'm more than happy to try it and see if it helps.

How much time is there between your scan times? Is it seconds or is it minutes or hours?

Thanks.

Sorry i have to answer with this... but it depends... sometimes they scan hundreds of documents in an hour every minute... sometimes they'll run over and scan one document an hour.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.