cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed scanning from Fujitsu fi-7600

Jose_Parocua
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have noticed about a 10-15 second delay from the time the scan button is clicked to when the first page is scanned in the thick client. We just upgraded to the fi-7600 from an fi-6770. The previous scanner didn't have quite this long of a delay. Any ideas as to what i can do to shorten the delay?

Our environment:

OnBase v16

Fujitsu fi-7600 with ISIS drivers

Kofax VRS Elite Workgroup 5.1

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jose_Parocua
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Found a solution!

Got rid of Kofax software and all was good to go.  Used native fujitsu paperscan software instead.

View answer in original post

21 REPLIES 21

No worries Tim. There just are those times.

And to confirm, the delay happens every time even when they are scanning documents every couple minutes? Just making sure I understand. 🙂

Gregg_Stearns
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Wish a solution was found as we have a customer with a new fi-6140 that has the same 10-15 second delay for the scanner to begin scanning, in thick/OnBase Client.  They also have VRS, as well as PaperStream IP, and OnBase 16.x

I think your issue is the VRS. Why do you need it with the Paperstream twain driver? it makes great images on both the OnBase Client and Unity Client

Yes, exactly this.  The VRS software is what slows it down

Jose_Parocua
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Found a solution!

Got rid of Kofax software and all was good to go.  Used native fujitsu paperscan software instead.