cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDS & Platter Management

Dora_Compis
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Platter Management Failure          Platter Management Error: DDS Error detected [-29 : 10053] : DDS server (FileServerName:2185) has gone off-line.

What does the -29:10053 mean?    Is it just a code for the DDS Error detected message?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

As a correction, a software change in SCR: #229373 (DDS v2.0.3-b8) fixed this issue.  The problem was caused by sessions being killed if opened for longer than 10 minutes while there is other activity on the DDS Server.  The change in the SCR added the ability to configure a timeout period for idle DDS connections within the INI file.  The new setting is called conntimeoutminutes.  By defult the setting is 10 minutes, but in cases where you are receiving the 10053 error, I recommend updating the settings to 60 minutes.  If you still receive the error, continue to increase the value.

Take care.

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Sean_Storch
Employee
Employee

Hi Dora,

The number -29 is an error code internal to DDS which states there was a socket error during its communication. The other value, in this case, is a Windows error number which means an established connection was aborted.

WSAECONNABORTED

10053 (0x2745)

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Thanks,

Sean

Ken_Teague
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Sean,

We have been getting this error within our Platter Management Logs fairly regularly, and have noticed a strong uptick in the number of errors we get since we have moved all of our files behind DDS.

In tracking the error, we have noticed the following :

1. Our users are not notified of an error when this entry is logged in the Platter Management Logs. Presumably, the OnBase client simply attempts to retry the connection, which is successful on second or third try.
  2. We see no evidence of high latency or dropped packets on our DDS server. One DDS server has high usage of CPU due to a previous issue with scheduled tasks, but the other DDS server experiences no such problem, and we have logs of the connectivity error above pointing to both machines.
  3. When a client experiences the error, the DDS server in question logs no network traffic that we can see. (We are tracing via ProcMon rather than a packet sniffer on the DDS server side, so we may be missing some information.)
  4. The vast majority (over 99%) of the errors generated come from Windows XP machines. I have not verified this, but I believe that Windows XP makes up less than 20% of our user group.
  5. Windows XP machines listen on ports in the registered range (1024-5000) while Windows 7 machines listen on ports in the ephemeral range (generally north of 50000). 
We have not yet reproduced the error on a machine which we (as in, our IT group) directly controls. 
XP/Server 2003 machines are also failing on some attempts to pull files into OnBase. In these cases, the client is notified of the error, and we also see a critical error entered in the Platter Management Logs. These show the famous "TIF 56" extension in the path, with the result that no image is ever added to the file system. We have verified that our processes are set to use DDS - one case of this happening is within scan queues, and the Use DDS setting is checked for all of our scan queues. All bugfixes sent of this should be in our software, as we are running OnBase 11.
Let me know what data you need to assist us with this.

Sean_Storch
Employee
Employee

Ken,

I’m going to recommend contacting your first line of support to investigate this issue.  I do want to point out that the “TIF 56” is not a problem with the extension, but rather 56 is a diagnostics code which references a part of the code. In this case 56 will refer to the act of looking for an online copy of the file. Since an online copy was not found we log the error with the 56 reference.

Thanks,

Sean

Pawel_Czopowik
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I noticed a flood of these errors myself and working with support to figure this out. Have you gotten to the bottom of this?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.