Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CreateDomainAuthenticationProperties for Connection

Karen_Davenport
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

I have two questions about using CreateDomainAuthenticationProperties Hyland API call to connect & licenses used.  I am using the API from our website and using the below code to create an application object.  It's my understanding, this will use a concurrent license.  As you can see,  I am not passing an AD username or password. 

1.  If I go to the diagnostic console on the onbase server, select "View Application Server Sessions" under the "Tool" menu option, I can see all the sessions, anyone connected who has a named user license, the session ID displays with their username, if they are not a named user license, they all have MY username associated with the session ID, why is that?  

2.  My other question is regarding the number of licenses.  If we have 10 concurrent licenses, and 1 named license (lets call her Mary), Can I only have 10 Concurrent users logged in AND Mary totaling 11 active users of my API calls, or Mary + nine other users (which would be concurrent licenses) of my API calls totaling a total of 10 users even though one is a named user?

string datasource = Library.OnbaseDataSource();
string URL = Library.OnbaseAppServerURL();

DomainAuthenticationProperties DomainAuthenticationProperties = Application.CreateDomainAuthenticationProperties(URL, datasource);

DomainAuthenticationProperties.LicenseType = LicenseType.Default;

app = Application.Connect(DomainAuthenticationProperties);

Thank you,

Karen

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Karen

To describe the use of the Unity API Authentication, a Named or Concurrent license will be used under the Default LicenseType based on the configuration of that user.  There is not any additional properties or methods that need used to connect via a Named License.

Since you are connecting with Domain Authentication, it is weird to me that Diagnostics would display these connected sessions under your specific username.  I would suggest look at this through the 'TC | Admin | User Management | View Current Users'.  I would expect this window to display the correct results.  If this is not the case, I would definitely recommend contacting your first line of support.

As far as license consumption, this should behave similarly to any of the Clients.  In your example scenario, 10 Concurrent in addition to 1 Named Licenses should be able to authenticate.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Karen

To describe the use of the Unity API Authentication, a Named or Concurrent license will be used under the Default LicenseType based on the configuration of that user.  There is not any additional properties or methods that need used to connect via a Named License.

Since you are connecting with Domain Authentication, it is weird to me that Diagnostics would display these connected sessions under your specific username.  I would suggest look at this through the 'TC | Admin | User Management | View Current Users'.  I would expect this window to display the correct results.  If this is not the case, I would definitely recommend contacting your first line of support.

As far as license consumption, this should behave similarly to any of the Clients.  In your example scenario, 10 Concurrent in addition to 1 Named Licenses should be able to authenticate.