cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Query to show Forms that have been in Workflow Queue for 2 or more Days?

jeffrey_slavik
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi, my client is asking me if it's possible to create a custom query that would display unity forms that have been in a workflow approval queue for 2 or more days?  I've got some experience with custom queries, but looking at it, I'm not sure if this can be accomplished or not.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Brad_Smith3
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Jeff,

There's a coulple of ways I can think of to do this but the easiest might just be to use a keyword on the unity forms?

As you are talking in days you could run a timer once a day to flag the forms (give the keyword a value) if they have been in the queue two days or longer (there is a workflow rule to assess this based off queue entry date/time compared to current date/time).

You would then clear this keyword value when items leave the queue (are approved).

If more acuracy (time over days) was needed you could use hours rather than days and run the timer more frequently.

You could then do the custom query purely based on the value in that keyword (return all that hold your given value).

Regards,
Brad.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Brad_Smith3
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Jeff,

There's a coulple of ways I can think of to do this but the easiest might just be to use a keyword on the unity forms?

As you are talking in days you could run a timer once a day to flag the forms (give the keyword a value) if they have been in the queue two days or longer (there is a workflow rule to assess this based off queue entry date/time compared to current date/time).

You would then clear this keyword value when items leave the queue (are approved).

If more acuracy (time over days) was needed you could use hours rather than days and run the timer more frequently.

You could then do the custom query purely based on the value in that keyword (return all that hold your given value).

Regards,
Brad.

Hi Brad, huge help. Thank you very much!