cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent License not being released

Brian_Earley
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have noticed and issue where the concurrent licenses are not being released (not all of them only some). When i attempt to "Cleanup" the licenses in the client, I am given a message that says the user is active, however the user is not in the system nor have they been for the last 2 days. 

The concurrent license is till assigned to them. How do i get this reset, so that the concurrent license is available?

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Have you tried resetting the AppServer?  I have seen where this will sometime free up licenses for stale sessions.

Patrick_Mulcahy
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

The common causes of this behavior are

1.) Client Application Crashing or loss of connection to the application server

2.) Users terminating the application via task manager

3.) Incorrect session handling in API applications

As Anthony stated an IIS reset or Application pool recycle will free them (may take up to 5 mins to release). If this is a persistent issue for you I would reach out to your first line of support to investigate.

Mark_Queitzsch
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Bearly

You could also configure your app server to automatically time-out idle sessions by editing the web.config file found in the app server virtual directory (default install is c:\inetpub\wwwroot\appserver) to set the following:

- "timeout" attribute in the "sessionState" element: set this to the number of minutes a session must be idle before the app server disposes of it

- "enableTimeout" attribute in the "session" element: set this to "true" to direct the app server to dispose of sessions that have been idle for longer than the value set in "timeout"

Mark

Edit: these attributes are documented in the Web Server and Application Server MRGs and based on a quick glance, applicable from versions 10 and greater. I think version 9.2 called the attributes something else.