cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V23 Rest API returning a licensing error, but EP$ on the same database works just fine.

Jacob_Dahlke6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Happy Monday! Just like the title says, I'm setting up a new v23 server for a customer, the db has been upgraded for quite some time, but I'm setting up the Idp & API server in preparation for them to test their existing code against v23, but I'm unable to get past this particular license issue. The customer only engages with the Document Management API and right now, the only two calls I'm making are to get an access token, and to try to get doc-type-groups to pull a cookie. I should note that I can still log into the web client (v23) just fine with the same credentials, I've tried specifically assigning named licenses, allowing concurrent licenses instead, etc, to no avail. I was hoping maybe someone had some ideas.

v23 is using:

• Idp: 4.2
  • Api: 23.1.3.1000

ep4 is using:

• Idp: 2.4.1
  • Api: 20.8.5.1000

I'm testing in postman, and using the same exact requests, just flipping to different environments. For the time being, I've reverted to using the manager account as well. When I make the requests t for document type groups, I get this:
    efe0be8fbc144617b0e74a8e4e4d5198
    the following is logged in DC:
    Session could not be created. License type 'Core' is not properly licensed

When I switch environments over to EP4, it works as expected:
3ef0127d8aac48318e3fb799bb5370c5

The Version 23 MRG Reads:
3ebf60275198426c96704c1197890169

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Simon_Guldager
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

You most likely miss the license called REST API Integration Toolkit. This was added as mandatory in FEP5 and later

Also see this:  https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/90175-f22-rest-api-query-license-header-value

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jacob Dahlke ,

The error you refence is an error when the API Server doesn't have access to any available licenses.  The error ...

License type 'Core' is not properly licensed

... refers to several Product Types that get mapped to the Client Product Code of Core which are listed below:

• Workstation Client

• Concurrent Client

• Named Users

• Enterprise Concurrent Client

• Information Management Concurrent Client

• Tiered Licenses

When making a Document Management REST API call to the API Server, the type of license will be based on the Resource Owner user made, or on the license header.  You can read more here ...

https://sdk.onbase.com/rest/OnBase/Foundation23.1/onbase-administration/programmers-guide/license-he...

Hope this helps.

Why would it work on the same database in Ep4 and not in v23? No users work, the concurrent licenses are more than enough, when tried with named licenses, it still fails. So I understand the general error message but I believe it's the wrong error message and something else is happening. 

Simon_Guldager
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

You most likely miss the license called REST API Integration Toolkit. This was added as mandatory in FEP5 and later

Also see this:  https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/90175-f22-rest-api-query-license-header-value

you were exactly right. The MRG appears to be wrong.
a6ac6c5c3288450284509017636f1974