cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Paths

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a disc group with 2 copies. 1st Mass Storage the 2nd will be a backup. During the disc group creation I specify the UNC path for Mass Storage, and Path to the backup location for the 2nd copy.

However when I look in the Volume Information the 2nd copy (backup) says 'NOT CREATED'. How can I specify the backup location so I dont have to manually enter in the path for each backup?

7 REPLIES 7

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul.

I'm not aware of that functionality.  The backup copy should not have a Platter Path unless it was specified when the Copy was backed up.  In my testing the only way that I was able to configure a Platter Path for a backup copy was to select all of the volumes which I wanted to backup on from the Backup Queue (OnBase Client | Admin | Platter Management | Backup Queue) and then Right Click | Write to Disk.  This allowed me to specify a disk location.  Then in Config the Platter Path was specified and the copy was marked as created.

What version were you previously working with?  I had tested with OnBase 12.

Thanks.

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are currently using Onbase 3.5.2, and upgrading in two weeks to 11.0 sp2. In version 3.5 when a disc group is created with a backup path you can specify the backup location. That backup location popualtes for all volumes, so in platter management backup queue when you right click on the volume, and select 'Write to Disc' the backup location already populates.

Sounds like this wont be the case for newer versions, will just require us to enter the full path for each backup. Appreciate the responses.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul.

My pleasure!  I looked for a specific SCR which made the change, but was not able to find one.  Due to the number of changes which have been made to the software between 3.5.2 and 11.0 SP2 the only way that I could find it at this point would be to test the previous versions of the software.  If you feel that this should be an enhancement, please contact your first line of support.

Also, when upgrading from 3.5.2 there are a number of items to take into account.  You can find more information in the Upgrading OnBase document.

Take care.