cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing a new OnBase Dev instance

Roger_Linhart
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I started setting up our first OnBase Dev instance and due to a variety of delays, did not license the instance. I have the license file from Hyland but can't get into Configuration to apply the license because the 14 day grace period has elapsed. I'm assuming I could delete and recreate the database to get a "fresh" instance but I already have a sample workflow created and would rather not lose my work. Is there another way to apply the license? I have a production and test instance that are licensed. Could I use those instances (I can open Configuration against these instances) to apply the license?

6 REPLIES 6

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Do you have one of the USB HASP that was required pre 10.0 to access the configuration module?  If so, you can plug that into your workstation and should be able to launch the configuration module to apply the license.

Thanks

Anthony

Roger_Linhart
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

This is a brand new version 12 installation. No HASPs.

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Right, once the system is activated it doesn't require a HASP but if it isn't activated then using a HASP will still allow you to login to activate the system, then the HASP won't be needed. 

Or are you saying that you do not have any physical HASP's that you could use?  If that's the support may have a way of getting it activated without having to recreate it all over again.

Hope this helps

Anthony

Dan_Travers
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Roger, once the 14 day grace period has expired the system must be activated in order to login to the Configuration module. Please contact your first line of support and they can assist you with activating your system.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.