cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Paths

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a disc group with 2 copies. 1st Mass Storage the 2nd will be a backup. During the disc group creation I specify the UNC path for Mass Storage, and Path to the backup location for the 2nd copy.

However when I look in the Volume Information the 2nd copy (backup) says 'NOT CREATED'. How can I specify the backup location so I dont have to manually enter in the path for each backup?

7 REPLIES 7

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the question.  The Platter Path will be updated upon creation of the backup copy.  For instance, if you are backing up to a Centera device, the platter path will contain the location of Centera.  If you are backing up to a UNC path, then it will contain that path.  Typically, when backing up data it is with the intend of backing up to a CD or DVD in which case the platter path does not get updated.

Hope that this helps.

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Is it possible to have a default path setup for the backup location so when you go to backup a disc group you dont have to enter in the path everytime?

From what I can tell you only specify the path at point of backup.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

If you are looking to copy files to a secondary location then I could change the Copy to a Mass Storage copy instead of a backup.  This will move the files to the secondary platter paths upon commit of the document/batch.  Additionally, if you are concerned about backfiles, you can contact your first line of support and they will be able to assist in this effort.

Take care.

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Unfortunantly a 2nd mass storage setup is not possible. The backup location is offsite, and link is not always up. In previous versions of Onbase once a backup location was specified it was retained for every volume there after, so the user didnt have to copy in the backup path for each volume.

Are you saying this is no longer the case?