cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there tables for WV attributes similar to the keyword tables we have?

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I'm looking at the Database Reporting guide and I'm not seeing where to find tables for each attribute and its values. I kind of thought it would be something similar to how the keyword tables are set up (hsi.keyitem###). I do see in the guide that the workview tables looks like it starts with rm-...

Are they all living in those rmobjectinstance#### tables? What's the numbering on those tables for? Do they only hold so much data before creating the next table in the sequence? (like the way disk groups promote?)

Thanks guys!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Great, thanks Ann! (see comments for answer - I'm just using this space to say it's answered).

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
After picking through the rmObjectInstance#### tables' columns, it looks like each table is probably for a class. I think I found what I'm looking for, but if there is another way to get this attribute info let me know. What I'm looking for is all the distinct values for one of my attributes.

Ann_Gross
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Danielle - yes, the rmObjectInstanceXXXX tables are what you're looking for. The tables are numbered the same as the ClassID and the attributes are all numbered too. You'll need to write a SQL query to pull that attribute, then group it to get the distinct values.

Ann_Gross
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
And no, they don't "only hold so much data...." - they hold as many rows/records you add to them.

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Great, thanks Ann! (see comments for answer - I'm just using this space to say it's answered).