cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails with long subject lines

Carlene_Subram2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi All, I'm implementing Outlook Integration for my users. I'm capturing the MAIL SUBJECT keyword, but when there is a long mail subject, there is an issue with importing into OnBase. Here are the errors from Event Viewer; do you have any workarounds? I cannot give these users rights to modify all read-only keywords.

System.InvalidOperationException: An unauthorized attempt to modify or create a hidden and/or read-only keyword has been made. This user session does not have the required Access Restricted Keyword privilege.
at Hyland.Canvas.Services.UploadServiceClass.validateKeywordHash(DocumentType documentType, KeywordRecordList keywordRecordList, Int64 documentID, String filenames)

Hyland.Common.Core.Keywords.Exceptions.InvalidKeywordValueException: An Error occurred while parsing a keyword value for Keyword Type 'MAIL Subject' (11), check the inner exception for details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Value length of 255 is greater than 250 for Keyword Type 'MAIL Subject' (11).

Thanks,

Carlene

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

George_Sialmas
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Carlene Subrameyer As per the SysAdmin MRG, for Alphanumeric Keyword Types, the maximum length is 250 characters or less.  Database platforms have a character limit of 255, while the OnBase limit is 250. Due to the Database limit the value cannot exceed 250 characters in OnBase. I'm not aware of a workaround. 

Respectfully,

George

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

George_Sialmas
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Carlene Subrameyer As per the SysAdmin MRG, for Alphanumeric Keyword Types, the maximum length is 250 characters or less.  Database platforms have a character limit of 255, while the OnBase limit is 250. Due to the Database limit the value cannot exceed 250 characters in OnBase. I'm not aware of a workaround. 

Respectfully,

George

I find this interesting because if you go and Google the maximum length of a varchar for MSSQL, it can have a maximum length of 8,000 characters, and then Oracle has a maximum length of 2,000 characters and a varchar2 data type with a length of 4,000 characters. So it sounds like the limitation is no longer the database, but a limitation of the OnBase platform as a whole.

Exactly. I mean, I was aware that OnBase always had a 250 character limit, but since the max length of a email is longer than that, I didn't know if anyone had workarounds about email subject lines so that an error didn't appear if truncated.

@Ryan Wakefield @Carlene Subrameyer

This is due to the fact that we store the values in a "Char" column in the keyword table.  The max length for a value in a Char column is 255. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/char.html

Respectfully,

George

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.