cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Blank Threshold preventing Doc Types from being recognized?

Brian_Bartolazo
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We seem to be having a stange issue with deleting blank pages whilestill recognizing the doc type/keywords from a barcode page.

No options on the Scan Queue or Bar Code process to discard any of the barcode pages. On the Scan Queue options, the only discard option checked is "Discard Blank Page" with a Threshold of 1400 bytes.

When we run a scan the following occurs:

Barcode Document Type detection enabled.
Barcode Keyword detection enabled.
Barcode: Code 39 at (2.92", 5'12") = 116009
Barcode: Code 39 at (3.32", 2'68") = 3156
Barcode: Document type: [Document Type]
Barcode: Keyword Type: Employee ID Value: [Value]
Deleting document type barcode page
Deleting blank page
Saving Page 1
Saving Page 2

It reads from the bar code page correctly and determines the right values -- but for some reason it deletes the barcode page anyway. It deletes the blank page as we expected. But once it goes to save the document it sets it to the default doc type we have set up which is "Unknown" to catch anything that does not match. I don't know whether it's because it deleted the bar code page earlier.

However, if we keep the same settings but turn off the Discard Blank pages it follows the exact same steps except that it does not delete the blank page. But once it goes to save the document, it correctly sets it to the document type it found. The only problem with this is there is a blank page in the uploaded document. In this same case, the bar code page is deleted but it's still matched to the doc type.

For what it's worth, I turned on the "Keep document type seperator page" option and it shows the bar code page of being 8000 bytes, well over the 1400 limit we established.

Can't seem to get it work where the blank pages are deleted but the document is still identified.

Anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

Check in your bar code process configuration | process type button - OnBase will delete a document type bar code page by default, unless you tell it not to by selecting the option 'Keep document type separator page':

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

Which version/build of OnBase are you using? 

Brian_Bartolazo
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are currently on 12.0.0.550.

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

There have been a few software fixes made since that build that are related to what you're seeing (specifically SCRs 160445 and 164417) although I can't say for sure that these will exactly address your issue...I'd suggest working with your support representative to verify if these fixes will resolve your problem, or if you have uncovered a new issue that needs to be corrected.

Brian_Bartolazo
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thank you Steve. We are actually gearing up to upgrade to OnBase 13 in a few months so we should have one set up in a Development environment that I can possibly try this out in.

Also, is there any way I can view the details of those two SCRs?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.