cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Converting Tiffs to JPEG

Not applicable

I'm running OnBase 11.0.  When sweeping TIFF documents with letterhead logos, OnBase is turning these files into JPEGs instead of tiffs and losing resolution.  When this occurs the barcodes on the swept documents can no longer be read by my barcode process.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there anything I can do to correct this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Not applicable

So I did the research you requested and discovered this is not an OnBase problem.  It looks like the issue is happening when the TIFF image is being converted from the PDF before the sweep.  Images that don't have logos are 200dpi, 1bit-depth, CCITT T.6 Compression and images that do have logos are 150dpi, 24 bit depth LZW compression.  Thanks for point that out, I'll have to start researching our PDF to TIFF conversion and see if I can correct the problem.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Cody.  Are you sweeping or scanning-from-disk?  Sweep should not perform any file conversion.

Not applicable

Hey Ray, thanks for the prompt reply.  I'm sweeping and the behavior is a little bit more odd than originally described upon further consideration.  So, on disk, the file is still a TIF, when viewing the image the quality is greatly degraded, and when I opt to use the Send to File Function on the document it defaults to JPEG format.  On all other swept documents except for the ones with logos in the upper left corner, the image is fine and send to file defaults to Group IV TIFF as expected.

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Can you verify if the source files have two different compression types?  I suggest looking at the properties of the source files (before they are swept into OnBase) and determine if they were created with different file structures for the different page formats?

Not applicable

So I did the research you requested and discovered this is not an OnBase problem.  It looks like the issue is happening when the TIFF image is being converted from the PDF before the sweep.  Images that don't have logos are 200dpi, 1bit-depth, CCITT T.6 Compression and images that do have logos are 150dpi, 24 bit depth LZW compression.  Thanks for point that out, I'll have to start researching our PDF to TIFF conversion and see if I can correct the problem.