cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Sweep process for network folder and convert .tiffs to pdf?

Sadhana_Alla
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I need to Schedule Sweep Process for a network folder and pull in the .tiffs. The batch name must be same as the folder name from which .tiff images were pulled. Each batch must be converted to a PDF. Then wen have to rename each multi-page PDF with batch name and place it in network folder. These PDF should not have any restrictions.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hello.  You can use some of these options and see how they work with your requirements.  Start by looking at your Scan Queue Processing Options in Configuration:

On the Capture tab, I suggest adding the Default Sweep Directory, Include Sub-folders, and One Document Per Folder and Break Batches by Second Level Folder.

On the Auto-Name tab, for the batch autoname, include the '%P' option to use the sub-folder name in the batch name.

On the Batch Processing tab, you can use the PDF Conversion Queue (for image-only based PDF) or you can use the Full-Page OCR Queue (for text-based PDF).

These options should help to get you well on your way...

View answer in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hello.  You can use some of these options and see how they work with your requirements.  Start by looking at your Scan Queue Processing Options in Configuration:

On the Capture tab, I suggest adding the Default Sweep Directory, Include Sub-folders, and One Document Per Folder and Break Batches by Second Level Folder.

On the Auto-Name tab, for the batch autoname, include the '%P' option to use the sub-folder name in the batch name.

On the Batch Processing tab, you can use the PDF Conversion Queue (for image-only based PDF) or you can use the Full-Page OCR Queue (for text-based PDF).

These options should help to get you well on your way...

The documents did not goto Awaiting PDF Conversion Queue. Instead, directly went to Awaiting Commit.

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator
Hi. Can you verify that on the Scan Queue Processing Options you have set the 'PDF Conversion Queue'... If so, was the batch captured after that setting was in place?

Yes. In the Scan Queue, under the Batch Processing Tab I have checked PDF Conversion Queue.
The Batch has been captured, but not converted to PDF. I just checked the Sys Verification Report. It said "Document type is not renditionable " . I shall modify that and try again.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.