cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the NEW (Encounter on the fly) to Epic. What must be returned to update the document to the newly created encounter in Epic

Andrea_Duncan4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Our users are placing "NEW" in the CSN, Epic creates a CSN, the document is attached to the encounter in Epic.   Epic is returning an ADT^A04 for the new encounter, whcih creates the chart.  What must I do to get the document re-indexed to the assigned CSN?  Our OnBase is tons on "NEW" encounter documents not assigned to a chart.

5 REPLIES 5

David_Juhlin
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Do you have the Epic Outgoing Scans Maintenance Interface?  That allows Epic to send T08/T11 transactions back to OnBase when identified data on the DCS record changes (e.g. CSN) or the document is "deleted" in Epic. 

In particular, when you send a document to Epic and it creates an Encounter (or Order) then the CSN, (and Order Number) is returned in a T08 transaction.  The T08 can then be used to 'reindex' the document to add in the newly identified keywords.  (Likewise, if someone updates a document in Media Manager to change the Doc Type or Description, then a T08 is sent to OnBase so we can update OnBase to stay in step with the meta data in Epic.

Barry_Salter
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Andrea, the Epic Outgoing Scans Maintenance Interface works great for updating encounter on the fly based documents created in OnBase. When the T08 or T11 message comes in from Epic we create an eForm (Virtual Electronic Form format) with all the pertinent information and keywords from the message.  Then the eForm goes through a workflow to update the EOF document. This also works for document updates made directly in Media Manager.

Andrea_Duncan4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Sorry for the delay.  Thank you for your comments.  I have realized Epic is not sending us the return T08.  I am having them make that change and I should be good. Too bad this has been going on long before I came .

Barry_Salter
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hopefully the change will take care of your day forward EOF updates. We had a back log of EOF documents without an actual encounter#. We worked with our Epic TS to get the correct encounter# for each document which was provided in aa Excel file. Then developed a script that updated the encounter# keyword and reapplied the encounter autofill as the updates were done. Took a few iterations but eventually got them all done.