cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Blob pass-through document levels?

Crystal_Silva
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are in the process of setting up our web blob pass-through into OnBase. Epic blob allows for some doc types to be either patient or encounter level. Wondering how we should build the corresponding doc types in OnBase. What document type levels have other customers used for their web blob passed documents? 

11 REPLIES 11

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

I am curious what others say as well. This whole ability to store a document at multiple levels inside of Epic is something that baffles me as to why you would do so. I might be missing something, but it just confuses me. So yeah, curious on this question as well.

We don't store the same doc type at different levels.  But some documents are specifically related to the patient only and some to specific encounters and others are result types and are at the order level.  It just depends on what the document is used for.   Advanced Directives for example are patient level documents, you wouldn't want to just associate that with a certain encounter in Epic, you only want to associate it with the patient.

Oh yes, I completely get the whole relationship of certain documents to certain levels. I guess what I meant was it confuses me why you would relate a document to multiple levels inside of Epic. I don't exactly understand why.

The only quick situation that I can think of is when you have say a consent that is one that is stored at the Encounter level (for say an ambulatory procedure) or the Order level (for say a procedure that requires an order to be placed). Again, this is just me spit balling a thought, but I could be wrong.

@Ryan Wakefield is your question around the same document type stored at the encounter and order level? That's not possible. We have different document types for different levels - patient, encounter and order. We have a General Consent - pat and a General Consent - enc for example. Informed Consent is always order level since it's for a procedure.

If that's not what you're asking, happy to explore more!

Michelle