cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending HL7 via Workflow with document data

Sam_Babic
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Can someone point me to or describe how you would send an HL7 message via Workflow based on a document's keywords. I see the workflow action called Med - Send HL7 Message, but I'm not sure where it is documented to configure it. The configuration isn't self descriptive. For example, are the messages provided in the drop down ALL the messages supported by HL7 and if so, I couldn't figure out how to map the properties of a given document to the fields of the HL7 message. Most of the panel is greyed out.

3 REPLIES 3

Sam_Babic
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks paul for giving me a private demo. The short answer for those curious as to how the process works is you have to map keyword types to the message templates first in configuration. Then when you choose the message template in the dialog above you see the mapped properties. Additionally if your document type is associated with a medical chart you can provide additional mappings that link directly to the database tables within OnBase to populate your HL7 message.

Hey Sam, does this only work for non-system message templates?

@Matthew Fry,

This works for all templates, but best practice is to always copy a System Template and modify it to meet your particular needs.  The System Templates could be updated by Hyland during an upgrade and have an adverse impact on your configuration.

Once you have your templates, you can select any of them in the WF task to send off to your selected destination.