cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of upgrading from version 14 to 15

Haripavan_Kotag
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Our system admin who use to handle Alldocs and Onbase upgrades and he is no longer working with us. Now I have been assigned the responsibility of upgrades. Can you share the process of upgrading from version 14 to 15? Anyone has a step by step documentation for upgrade process who is willing to share?

Thank you for your support

Hari

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

David_Stone
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hari -

When speaking with Allscripts support last week about our plan to update to Allscripts 16.1, I asked specifically about the Alldocs 15.

The response from Allscripts support was that they have not yet begun the process to certify Hyland/Alldocs 15 and may not do so - indicating they my jump from current version 14 to Hyland 16 (the current version).

David

View answer in original post

Stephen_Aleksza
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Step by step upgrade instructions are available in the documentation section in the Allscripts community (ClientConnect).

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

David_Stone
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hari -

When speaking with Allscripts support last week about our plan to update to Allscripts 16.1, I asked specifically about the Alldocs 15.

The response from Allscripts support was that they have not yet begun the process to certify Hyland/Alldocs 15 and may not do so - indicating they my jump from current version 14 to Hyland 16 (the current version).

David

15 SP2 is certified by Netsmart. From the release announcement for reference:

Netsmart Homecare 16.1 is compatible with AllDocs version 14*, 14 SP2 & 15 SP2

Please note: if you are running an AllDocs version earlier than 14, you must upgrade to version 14 SP2 or 15 SP2 prior to upgrading to Netsmart Homecare 16.1.

*While supported, AllDocs 14 is not a recommended v14 version. AllDocs 14 SP2 is the recommended version 14 platform

We are on Alldocs version 14 SP2. Version 14 has an error which creates duplicate folders (sometimes 8-10 folders for each patient) and when I reached out to tech support I was informed that its a known issue and is fixed in version 15.

Thanks saleksza for the comment pointing to the release notes for 16.1. This is what we were going on when we asked about the media for the update to Hyland 15.2.

However, when we were asked about getting the media for 15.2, that's when we were told it was not yet certified/released.

If y'all know otherwise - and have access to the 15.2 media, we'd like to know about it! 🙂