cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Form as Source Document - Can Non-Keyword Values Used?

Lori_Shaffer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I know we can capture non-keyword values when using the Prompt placed holder type and selecting the e-form option or by selecting e-form value using the Metadata placeholder.  Wondering if it is possible to have the source document be a Unity form and then have the non-keyword values from the Unity form populate. 

I tried this by selecting Metadata, then for Type using Eform Value.  Then for the value (normally the e-form field name), I used the ID value.  But, that didn't work.  Wondering if it's not possible in version 11 or whether I did something wrong!

6 REPLIES 6

David_Coxe1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Lori,

You're not doing anything wrong.  We have not fully implemented support for Unity Forms with Document Composition.  An enhancement request has been created to allow this in a future release. 

I can't think of a workaround at this point, but I will keep me eyes and ears open for you.

Kevin_Shepherd2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I am trying to do now in version 14 the same as Lori was in version 11. Does anyone know if this functionality has been added or a workaround?

I have a couple of scenarios I am trying to implement, ideally without script.

The first is a single Unity Form to Document Composition with both keyword and non keyword values.

Secondly, I have multiple Unity Forms, again with both keyword and non keyword values that I would like to compose to a single PDF output.

Thanks

Carolyn_Kane
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Kevin,

This is not yet a part of the software (it's in the works).  Non-keyword fields on Unity Forms can be copied to the Workflow Property Bag, and can also be accessed using a Unity Script.  Currently those are the best methods for accessing and utilizing non-keyword fields on a Unity Form. 

Thank you!

Stephen_Beck
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Carolyn,

If the Unity field (non-keyword) values are copied to the Workflow Property Bag, how can they then be inserted into the composed document?

Steve Beck