cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use repeated section in document composition with NO Multi-Instance Keyword Group

Juan_Camilo_Jar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello. I have a unity form with a repeated section that is not a Multi-Instance Keyword Group. How can I use that values in document composition? I see something about a Xml repeated section but I don´t know how to make it work.

3 REPLIES 3

Kevin_Arth
Employee
Employee

Hello Juan,

Thank you for Reaching out via Community.

Document Composition is only able to create Repeating Placeholders via MIKG and XML source. If you have data in a table on a Unity form that is not stored in OnBase as a MIKG instance, that information is not available to Document Composition.

Document Composition can create a Repeating Placeholder from an XML source, and the Document Composition MRG provides more information about this, but a Unity form does not provide the XML that would be needed for this purpose.

I encourage you to submit an Idea on Community requesting this functionality.

https://community.hyland.com/customer-portal/5097/ideas

@Kevin Arth , what does the Unity Form not provide that would be needed?  What functionality (e.g. workflow, Workview, or API script command) does provide what's missing?

Hello Eric,
As mentioned above, Document Composition is only able to create Repeating Placeholders via MIKG and XML source. If the Unity form is using a MIKG backed table, this can work, but Juan's initial request stated it does not, so that's what's missing.

The API might be able to do it, but I don't know if there's a function that will lift non-MIKG data from a form for insertion into a Doc Comp Template Placeholder. It would likely be a multi-step process. If you have API Certified analysts on your team, they might be able to advise you further on that point, but to my knowledge, there is not a non-script way of extracting data from a table on a Unity form for use in a repeating placeholder if that table data is not stored as a MIKG instance in OnBase.

If you have further questions about this, feel free to refer to the Document Composition MRG or submit a Support Case to review specifics with an analyst.