Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Distribution not sending emails

Justin_Molina1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Good day,

I'm working with a customer who is currently using Document Distribution to handle the email for their image statements. 

They are not using Distribution Services on the back end; and I believe that they just configured the MANAGER user with an SMTP to handle the email.  We upgraded them to 13 SP3 and they are unable to send email notifications out with Doc Dis.  And they get the following error - I tried running it with diag but no errors are displayed.

3 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Bob_Loper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Justin,

The 'In Progress... with errors' status doesn't necessarily mean the message isn't being sent.  Typically, that means that the message was sent, but a bounceback notification was received for it (bad email address, mailbox full, ect.)

If you have the Document Distribution workflow configured, a 'Distribution Record' may have been created containing more details.

I hope that helps.

~Bob

View answer in original post

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Justin,

I would strongly suggest reaching out to your first line of support to further troubleshoot this issue. But it sounds like there may be some additional configuration steps that have not been setup or need to be re-configured (i.e. -STMTMAILSRVR switch on a client, DMMailServices.dll registered on that machine, etc.) as you should see some kind of message when the client polls to send out the notification.

Thanks,

Andrew_Gemperli
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Justin,

I would also suggest looking in the serverlog table, as errors that occur during document distribution will also get logged there.  

-Andrew

4 REPLIES 4

Bob_Loper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Justin,

The 'In Progress... with errors' status doesn't necessarily mean the message isn't being sent.  Typically, that means that the message was sent, but a bounceback notification was received for it (bad email address, mailbox full, ect.)

If you have the Document Distribution workflow configured, a 'Distribution Record' may have been created containing more details.

I hope that helps.

~Bob

Justin_Molina1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the response, I am unsure if the customer has the WF configured.  However, when I was working with them yesterday the status this go around was just "Failed".  Again nothing shows in any logs anywhere.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Justin,

I would strongly suggest reaching out to your first line of support to further troubleshoot this issue. But it sounds like there may be some additional configuration steps that have not been setup or need to be re-configured (i.e. -STMTMAILSRVR switch on a client, DMMailServices.dll registered on that machine, etc.) as you should see some kind of message when the client polls to send out the notification.

Thanks,

Andrew_Gemperli
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Justin,

I would also suggest looking in the serverlog table, as errors that occur during document distribution will also get logged there.  

-Andrew