cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table formatting in template builder

Tom_Bellucco2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am creating a document template using Template Builder in Word that is to be used as an invoice that will be generated once or twice a month. The data for the template is coming via a JSON request packet that will contain all of the data for the placeholders and keywords. The request comes into an API which parses the data and makes the necessary OnBase Document Composition API calls to generate the document. The template will contain a table with a variable number of rows and this table represents the charges for the past month. The charges can be from different departments and each department would have a header, some detail rows, then a total row. The preference is to have the header row use bold text and a shaded background, the same for the total row. Is there a way to build such a template that can support this request? The number of rows per department and the number of departments is not known at design time. I don't believe Word supports conditional formatting and at this point we have not been able to determine a way to accomplish this to keep the formatting and design of the invoice to spec. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BellT,

While researching your question, I discovered that you have a case open for this question with Hyland Support and you were given this possible solution: 

The Repeating placeholders will allow a user to pull in multiple values. Like a keyword group in one placeholder.

Refer to Repeating Placeholders starting on page 216 in the Document Composition - OnBase Foundation EP5 Module Reference Guide.

Thanks,

~Alan