cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Comp placeholder pane is not displaying

Dave_Feit
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

On my workstation, I'm unable to see/access the Placeholder panes from the Template Builder tab.

I can go into Word > Template Builder, and open a working template.  But when I click on an existing placeholder, the side panel that shows the placeholder name/options is not appearing.

Similarly, if I click the Placeholders button in the Template Builder ribbon, nothing happens.  If I click "Insert Blank", I can enter the name and have it appear on my template, but am unable to configure it. 

In the ribbon, the Create Fragments, Control Panel, Open Template, Save Template, and Composition Preview button all work as expected.  But anything that would normally use the side pane(s) - such as Template Options - does not.

This workstation (running OnBase version 18 and Office 365) has been able to successfully see the Placeholder pane within the last week or two.  To my knowledge, nothing has changed.

2 REPLIES 2

Kevin_Arth
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Dave, and thank you for reaching out on Community.

I can't think of any configuration option that would control whether or not you see those side panels. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend reinstalling Template builder. Uninstall the Office Integration, then do the following:

1. Locate the Office Integration Installer.
    1. Does the Office Integration Version match the version of the Appserver to which it is connecting?
    2. Ensure it's not a blocked installer (right click the exe and select Properties. If there's an "Unblock" option in the General tab, it's blocked and should be unblocked)
  2. When installing, always choose "Run as Administrator." 

If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend Submitting a Support Case on Community so that an Analyst can connect with you to take a closer look.

Kevin

Nathaniel_Call2
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have found that it's a bug. It appears to be the office plugin that is causing the issue. you might reach out to your account manager to discuss and tell them GEHA had some discussions with support. I no longer work for GEHA, otherwise I'd point you into the right direction.