Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Name String length limitation

Kris_Conrads
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi, all

I'm looking for ways that people have worked around the limitation on the Auto-Name String.  We have document types where the only logical keyword for the Auto-Name String is greater than 100 characters.  These were documents created prior to us even thinking about using DocuSign, so we had no way to know that this would cause problems down the road.

Maybe I'm missing something.  From what I've been able to figure out, if the document's Auto-Name String and Document Handle combined are more than 100 characters, it will allow the user to send the document to DocuSign.  There's no warning things are about to go wrong.  When the signed version is sent back, it silently errors.  There's no indication the document even tried to come in.  If you are waiting for something to happen in a Workflow, it never will.  I can't find any type of error queue or way to notify the user (or admin) of the issue.  I couldn't find much in the way of troubleshooting in the MRG.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  It would be nice if there was a warning before sending that the auto-name string is too long and give the user a chance to cancel out.  It really is too bad this is handled a bit more gracefully.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

1 REPLY 1

Aaron_Fryzek
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Kris -

I have sent you a note through email and we can work on the appropriate language for submittal of an SCR to get the software updated appropriately!

-Aaron

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.