cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Parameter on Workview data providers

Adam_Michaud1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I'm looking for the ability to create a parameter on a workview data provider within Reporting Dashboards. I didn't find any documentation or information in the Reporting Dashboard MRG on the workview data providers that became available in v18 SP1.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Adam_Michaud1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I was able to figure out the steps needed to complete this. As of Foundation EP3, I completed the following steps:

Studio Configuration:

1. Create a WorkView filter with a User Prompt for the attribute you'd like to have a parameter on

2. Make sure to add the Filter to the Module Associations in the WorkView tab

Unity Client Configuration:

1. Create a new (or modify existing) Workview data provider. 

2. On the 'Configuration Query' screen, click on the "Input Parameters" tab that will now display showing all available attributes that can be configured as parameters. The available input parameters are from step 1 of Studio above. 

3. Check all Input parameters you like to add to your data provider. 

4. Upon selecting Next, you'll be able to add default values for each parameter.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Adam_Michaud1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I was able to figure out the steps needed to complete this. As of Foundation EP3, I completed the following steps:

Studio Configuration:

1. Create a WorkView filter with a User Prompt for the attribute you'd like to have a parameter on

2. Make sure to add the Filter to the Module Associations in the WorkView tab

Unity Client Configuration:

1. Create a new (or modify existing) Workview data provider. 

2. On the 'Configuration Query' screen, click on the "Input Parameters" tab that will now display showing all available attributes that can be configured as parameters. The available input parameters are from step 1 of Studio above. 

3. Check all Input parameters you like to add to your data provider. 

4. Upon selecting Next, you'll be able to add default values for each parameter.